A broken rib suffered during training has shelved Eric Schafer from his May 26th light heavyweight bout against Sean Salmon. Stepping into the UFC 71 bout at the MGM Grand Garden Arena
ad
in Las Vegas will be up and comer Alan ‘The Talent’ Belcher, who will be making his light heavyweight debut against the former Ohio State wrestler.

“I’m just itching to get back in there and let my hands go,” said the 23-year old Belcher (9-3), who is coming off a submission loss to Kendall Grove at UFC 69 in April. “I am embarrassed of my last fight. I was so hesitant and overwhelmed. I want to show I can control the fight. Less than two weeks notice isn’t much time, but I love fighting and this is what it’s all about. I’ll fight anyone anytime and I’ll make a fight out of it.”

Ohio’s Salmon (9-2) is also looking to rebound from a loss (to Rashad Evans in January), and despite the last minute change in opposition, he’s eager to get back in the Octagon and score his first UFC win.

“I have some homework to do on him as far as scouting and watching tape goes, but obviously he is a tough kid to step up on short notice like this and I thank him very much for that,” said Salmon. “I'm always looking forward to a fun fight.”


Copy by http://www.ufc.com

0 komentari

Post a Comment